Add a Facebook like:
Organized in May 1932
THE OBJECTIVE OF THIS CLUB SHALL BE:
The promotion of the art and science of photography in its various branches, through the association of its members, for study and entertainment in matters relating to photography, for photographic exhibitions and contests, and for any other purpose which will promote greater interest and betterment in the knowledge and practice of photography.
Spokane Camera Club main activities:
- Two meetings each month, where images are critiqued by a professional or experienced amateur photographer. See calendar and location details below. The critiquer explains how well the image has faired in terms of lighting, composition, color balance, sharpness, cropping, choice of subject, angle of the shot, and more. Members can submit images for critique and scoring, or may attend and simply listen while others' images are scored and evaluated. To hear a sample of what is covered in a critique, listen to this audio/video critique from December, 2009 digital image competition. These audio commentaries are a great way to learn about photography without being present at the meetings. You can also learn a lot about digital photography and photo editing by reading the extensive content in the Education page.
- One meeting on selected months where a workshop covers specific sessions on photography equipment, portrait photography, wildlife photography, judging images, artistic aspects of photography, and other topics of interest. Some of these sessions are presentations and some are photo shoots.
- Field trips at various times throughout the year. It might be a trip to the Palouse to photograph the harvest, or historical landmarks in the area, or scenic landscapes in north Idaho, are some examples. There are usually 3-4 throughout the year.
- In the spring there is a banquet and competition called salon, where members can submit images in 11 categories. Trophies are awarded for best images. The images must come from ones that were submitted at monthly competition during the year (September through April).
- Spokane Camera Club also hosts an exhibit at the Spokane Interstate Fair. This exhibit is a photo competition where anyone from the general public can submit images. The images are displayed at the Interstate Fair.
The Club meets September through April for competition, with most months following this schedule:
1st Wednesday: Scoring and critique of digital projected images
3rd Wednesday: Scoring and critique of color and monochrome prints
4th Wednesday: Workshop - on selected months. See the event calendar for the latest information.
Unless otherwise noted, regular meetings, excluding Digital Users Group, will
be held at Sinto Senior Activity Center, 1124 West Sinto Avenue, Spokane, Wa 99201.
Meetings start at 7pm,
unless otherwise noted. Visitor's are welcome.
To join Spokane Camera Club or for more information, see our Contact page.
(You don't have to live in Spokane to participate in the club activities. You can upload images to be critiqued and receive scores from wherever you live. If you live close enough to attend field trips and workshops, you can do that also.)
For complete calendar details, see the Event Calendar
See photo galleries from members:
Alice Garland: alicegarlandphoto.com
Randy House: http://www.randyhousephotography.com/
Jim Kinnunen: http://www.kinnunenphoto.com/
Barbara Murray: photography_of_barbara_murray
Lynn Nordhagen: http://www.flickr.com/photos/41204872@N00/
Doug Oriard: http://www.escapephoto.com/
Pat Schilling: http://www.patschilling.com/
Spokane Camera Club is a member club of Photographic Society of America
For information on art events throughout the Spokane area,